How do licenses work??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CEGSpace

Reaction score
So I plan to get a spotted python in the far future as a pet. But I have looked up on the Queensland government websites for all the info when it comes to licenses and it's just super confusing. Help?
(like I said, I don't plan to get one atm as my mother hates lizards, not snakes as much LOL)

Not sure about QLD, but I'm assuming it's similar to other states. The below is what I found for a basic license. If you're wanting advanced I believe there is additional criteria:

- You apply for a license by filling out a form, and pay the government money.

- You sweat it out for a few weeks, and then the government normally grants a license/permit (You may get knocked back is if you have a conviction with cruelty to animals or similar but otherwise I think approval is similar to a library card - almost anyone can have one unless there is extenuating circumstances).

- When you acquire an animal you give your license details to the person you acquire it from and you record their license details.

- Each year you submit a form advising the government of the animals you have acquired and disposed of, along with any deaths, thefts or escapes.

- When your license is due to expire you pay for a renewal if you need to keep your permit. (ie, if you still have animals or wish to obtain some in the future).

I couldn't tell you sorry for QLD. Victoria is paperbased, although they are 'working' on a online form. Hopefully someone else here can give you a more detailed account of how QLD operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back