How Do You Keep Your Cool End Cool?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsmoons

Reaction score
Hi all. Another question today. I feel like a bad snake mum for not knowing the answers but it doesn't hurt to ask for help. I have looked elsewhere and still can't find answers.

I am in Townsville and im struggling to get an ambient temp through my 7L click clack. With the heat mat off the temp in my click clack is 31 degrees. With my heat mat on the hot end temp is 31.7 and the cool end stays at room temp of 30-31 degrees. So how can I cool my cool end? The mat is under 1/3 of the container and my temp probes are at either end probably 1cm off the bottom.

Any suggestions? More air holes maybe? I have been trying to get it right and I have 16 on the warm end and 32 on the cool end. They used to have the same amount but I thought more air flow on the cool end would help it cool. Which it did drop the temp but very slightly.

The click clack is for a Pygmy Banded Python.

People have come up with some great methods to cool enclosures/tubs over hot periods.
Move the tub to a room where its easier to cool & maybe even have it on the floor (Bathroom on the tiles for example)
You can add a small bottle of cool water to the tub.....cool though not really cold.
Damp towels over the front to catch the breeze if there is any.

I'm sure others will come along with more/better suggestions

People have come up with some great methods to cool enclosures/tubs over hot periods.
Move the tub to a room where its easier to cool & maybe even have it on the floor (Bathroom on the tiles for example)
You can add a small bottle of cool water to the tub.....cool though not really cold.

I have a spare water bowl I was thinking I could keep one in the fridge empty just to cool it down and then put it in the tub and alternate between the two so one is always cold. At the moment my 'hot' end with the heat mat end is cooler than my 'cold' end so I'm frustrated and stressing. I'm 100% sure the heat mat is on and working too.

Turning the heat off won't hurt during hot spells.
I wouldn't use anything that cold myself unless I could wrap it in a towel or something to stop any risk the snake might come into contact with it. Shock of something so cold coming into contact might not be overly pleasant.

I am in Sydney and my system is simple :- 30-40C turn off heat ,leave UV on.
40C+ turn off everything
we have dragons,skinks,pythons etc. they will survive without artificial heat for a day or two.
Too much heat will kill them quicker than not enough heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back