How does breeding loan generally work?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a breeding loan work legally speaking? I'm guessing there is paper work that you would have to fill out for the snake to leave their yard and live in your house? I'm asking because I have been offered a male to put with my female.

After weighing up the pros and cons of lending and borrowing, if you go ahead, it is generally a 50/50 split. Apart from the incubation, which one assumes they already have set a set up for, all the hard work and cost is in the hatchlings.

Interesting topic. One that will concern me for a couple more years.
My woma is my pet and I don't use any of my pets to make money by breeding.
However....... the breeder of my girl lost his collection, including my girl's parents and some closely related siblings. Projects that he was working on we're all lost.
I may give him my girl to put with one of his new males to help re establish a line.
I can't do any of the work as I am inexperienced. IF something were to come out of this, I want only one of the babies to have as a pet. But, it is a risk. If something were to happen to my girl I would be devastated and I wouldn't forgive myself.
When the time comes, I will be faced with a huge decision.

How I have ever done it and had minimal fuss......

Before its attempted lay down the ground rules- clarity before eggs is the key!.....usually its 50/50 with the person who is doing the work getting first choice (single and then choosing alternately until the clutch is gone). If there is an odd number of healthy hatchlings it goes the way of the person doing the work. Deformed hatchling get divided up/euth at the end.

I suppose if you were really worried about it then you could have a contract written up. Then you would have a legal document supporting any claims of wrongdoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back