How is my setup looking?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzi14

Reaction score
4f753c5907693f631625361bf5979483.jpg
45be7adeab2396fbd25892a6b9144804.jpg
I purchased the enclosure and snake not long ago. It houses my 2 year male Darwin carpet python named Seth, his around 1-1.2 metres long (3.5-4 feet). The enclosure is 2x4x2. It uses a ceramic heat emitter plugged into a thermofilm basic thermostat for the heat and has a edison fitting bulb for light. I have two thermometers setup, one in the hide at the top left (reading floor temperature of hide) and one where the thermostat probe is (as you can see middle right of enclosure dangling). Daytime temperatures of the ambient temperature where the probe is stays at around 29-32 degrees Celsius the hide thermostat usually reads between 30-34 degrees. Night time temperatures for probe thermostat around 23-28 (depending on how cold of a night it is) and hide temperAture 27-30. Btw I keep heat on at night and just turn off light. The reason I don't use a heat mat in hide is because it is always a few degrees warmer in there anyway and because I don't have another thermostat as of yet when I turn it on on even the lowest heat it makes the ground temperature in hide 38 degrees plus. Any suggestions, improvement or anything I am open to wellcomly.

Sent from my SM-G9200 using Tapatalk

Looks pretty workable. The only comment I'd make is that it seems you have a box or hide covered in gaffer tape or something similar. You should make a practice of NEVER using anything with sticky tape in a snake enclosure, even if it's unlikely the animal will come into contact with it. Sticky tape LOVES snake skin, and more than several snakes have lost their lives or at least a lot of skin after becoming trapped on tape.

Jamie

Looks pretty workable. The only comment I'd make is that it seems you have a box or hide covered in gaffer tape or something similar. You should make a practice of NEVER using anything with sticky tape in a snake enclosure, even if it's unlikely the animal will come into contact with it. Sticky tape LOVES snake skin, and more than several snakes have lost their lives or at least a lot of skin after becoming trapped on tape.

Jamie

This.

Otherwise all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back