how long can a snake go without food?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

codysnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey my 3 year old male diamond python hasnt eaten for a month now and he isnt taking any food, its very weird because the temps perfect at 28-30c at basking and 20 on the other end. could my snake be cooling down due to the cold nights? because the vivarium gets down to 2-15c? any help would be appreciated thanks

its a possibility i spose. my darwin hasnt eatin in two months now your boy will be fine they can go alot longer without food.

My 2yr old Stimmie hasn't eaten since the 18th of April....and I haven't lowered the temps in his viv. When I feel him he's very cold and appears very sleepy. I think it's quite normal, I don't really expect any activity from him till about Sept. I worried at first, but everyone told me it's normal. I do understand your concern, but I think you'll find it's all ok

Yes he isnt eating due to the cold nights, mine havent eaten since april and wont eat again till sept as im cooling them down for breeding.
As long as hes is in good condition he can last many months without food so dont worry to much.

when u say it drops at night to 2-15 degrees is that a typo, i hope u meant 20-15 degrees as 2 is a tad to cold its called cooling your snake not freezing it lol.

don't worry about it just yet. as others have said, it is winter. they can go for atleast 6months without food until they even start to starve. my lil woma is 4 months and hasnt eaten in four months :p but im working on that

when u say it drops at night to 2-15 degrees is that a typo, i hope u meant 20-15 degrees as 2 is a tad to cold its called cooling your snake not freezing it lol.

and it's a diamond so it would be fine letting the temps get as low as possible at night.

i got a 5 yr old diamond a couple of years ago that hadnt been fed for 18 months,...she was still alive,...(but not very happy)

so urs still has a while till it needs food,... :)

Nome of my Diamonds would eat at this time of the year, even if I didn,t cool them. Your temps are perfect for a healthy Diamond.

okay thanks i was just worried but now im fine should i continue to temp him weekly or just wait till its warmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back