How to add pictures to your posts.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahScales

Reaction score
If you follow this short and simple guide, you'll have no trouble showing everyone your beautiful babies.

Step one: Ensure the picture you want to post is saved on your computer, save it in any folder you like. However the most common place is 'My Pictures'.

Step two: Follow this link, TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting . Or google 'Tiny pic'. (If you prefer an alternative image hosting site, please feel free, I'm just using the one I think is the easiest).

Step three: Click 'choose file' and find the image you had saved in Step One.
2n0ltw3.jpg

Step four (Optional): Resize the image if required by selecting the size you would like from the drop down menu.
mhsfm8.jpg

Step five:
Click upload!
157fcj4.jpg

Step six: Fill out the security question it asks and click the upload button again!
4uj3o5.jpg

Step seven: Now you will come to a screen with many options, these could be daunting but it's very easy! Promise. Select the text in the box labelled 'Direct Link for Layouts. Copy the entire thing by right clicking and selecting copy. This is your images URL, which means this is where your post will source the image when you post it.
29p9jsz.jpg

Step eight: This is where you put your image in your post. So you write what you want in your post or reply. Then where you want your image, you put the following code:
. Between these two tags, you right click and paste the link you copied earlier. It will wind up looking something like this:
n1tdnl.jpg

Make sure you don't put any spaces in between the two
tags, otherwise it will cause an error and your picture will not appear.

Step nine: Your picture won't appear immediately, it will appear in your post after you've submitted it!

And there you have it! An easy way to insert pictures that ALWAYS works and never errors out or fails. I know it's complicated at first but it becomes much easier!

I hope I have helped

SarahScales.

Nice writeup, however, if you just copy the IMG Code & paste it into your message body there is no need to manually type the IMG tags.

Also, you can use the "Preview Post" option to check it has worked before actually submitting the post.

Nice writeup, however, if you just copy the IMG Code & paste it into your message body there is no need to manually type the IMG tags.

Also, you can use the "Preview Post" option to check it has worked before actually submitting the post.

I figured as much, just allot of people tend to know about having to type

No doubt it's a good writeup, and it's good that you have taken the time to explain it. I am sure it will help some people out.

wow that is pretty helpful

Hi this is a bit off subject but still relating to it could someone tell me how you actually place an ad in the for sales have never done it before and a bit lost i have already subscribed so that part is taken care of.
Jenny

Hi this is a bit off subject but still relating to it could someone tell me how you actually place an ad in the for sales have never done it before and a bit lost i have already subscribed so that part is taken care of.
Jenny
Hi Waynecam,

Head to the marketplace forums and hit "post new ad" in the top left corner and fill in the details

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back