How to make my handmade hide waterproof safely for my snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayrinarasauce

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have made a little hide for my snake made of air-dry clay (it has been drying for 4-5 days), and I would like some advice on how first to paint it safely, then waterproof it safely as I don't want to hurt my snake!
What kind of paints should I use? acrylics? i heard you should avoid oils and watercolours.
For the varnish to make it waterproof, I think you look for 'non-toxic' ? I need something a little more specific as I really don't know anything about varnish
any help is appreciated, thank you!

I made a couple of backgrounds for my pythons that I painted with acrylics and then sealed with "Crommelin ornamental sealer ", because it's a spray bottle it gets into all the nooks and crannies. It goes on white but dries clear so your artwork isn't ruined

do you think that'll work on air dry clay too? Also do you know where to get "crommelin ornamental sealer" in physical shops? I could just order it online but you know
I made a couple of backgrounds for my pythons that I painted with acrylics and then sealed with "Crommelin ornamental sealer ", because it's a spray bottle it gets into all the nooks and crannies. It goes on white but dries clear so your artwork isn't ruined
that

do you think that'll work on air dry clay too? Also do you know where to get "crommelin ornamental sealer" in physical shops? I could just order it online but you know

that
it was designed to work on ornamental stuff ,it worked on my homemade stuff so it'll work on your project too. I bought it at Bunnings

Back