how to transport beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezzz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick question, i am moving house from wagga to port macquarie (about 9hrs) and was wondering how to best transport my beardie. I have a very tame 7mth old beardie, what is the best way to transport her in my car? Thanks in advance...Erin.

PS anyone here from port mac?? is there a good rep society/group?? Ta

I'd probably just get a small plastic container and line it with a hand towel or something soft, so that she doesn't go sliding around all over the place. Just make sure that whatever you put her in has air vents.

on your lap! lol
no seriously, make sure its wearing a seat belt.
Around the box/container that is, and i reckon a old large but clean rag would be better than paper, and a stop every few hours for a drink and some fresh air might be an idea

hi i have just moved up from coffs harbour but i know there is a herp group in port and if ya want any more info contact lounge lizard in coffs harbour the web address is www.loungelizard.net.au

i use a cat carrier for longer trips, with a towel and a heated bag of rice for warmth and comfort. :)

wouldnt feed him before the trip incase he gets cold though.

I use a cat carrier for longer trips, with a towel and a heated bag of rice for warmth and comfort.

What a great idea!! :lol:

I'll have to remember that one if I ever need to take my guys to the vet. I've got a few of those wheat bags that go in the microwave that would do the job just nicely.

what chris said... lol.

i was about to post the exact same thing..

be careful if you let him bask on the dash board.. it gets very hot up there, and if you take him out.. SHUT YOUR WINDOWS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back