Humidity range question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scobro

Reaction score
Looking at a Children's or Spotted python but my concern is the humidity levels. They fluctuate so much inside the tank- in large part due to the ambient room humidity. It can be in the upper 60's or 70s in the morning, falling to the 50's late afternoon and at night dipping into the mid or low 40's. Even if I do mist at night it might bump the levels up to 50 or 60, but in an hour or so it's back in the 40s.

I understand the importance of bumping the humidity during a shed, but I was wondering if you thought such humidity levels as I outlined above would be a problem for everyday levels.

Humidity doesn’t matter majority of the time, a shed can just be assisted by adding warm water in a tub and the heat will turn that to condensation and in turn raise humidity

Scobro, Sounds like your humidity reflects the real world where snakes live and shed without assistance.

Scobro, Sounds like your humidity reflects the real world where snakes live and shed without assistance.
That was always my assumption but "some" people made it sound horrendous if the humidity was not kept exact. Being from 'merica I wasn't entirely sure how much it fluctuated in their natural habitat in Oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back