ID my blue tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitella

Reaction score
We got her as an adult with her mate(eastern blue tongue) the owners had no idea what they were. I think shes a kimberly blue tongue or a different coloured eastern shes also 53cmView attachment 277962
p.s sorry about the bad picture
thanx:)

normal eastern bluey . not a kimberly form of an type sorry
craig

If you don't know what they were what'd you write on the licence?

QLD parks and wildlife service donated them to me and they wrote them as "blue tongue lizards" so I just wanted to know what she was so I asked them reptile guy at the pet shop he said she was a northern, but she has no black or orange bands to the sides.
She's a big old eastern then

- - - Updated - - -

She also look similar to the hypos on Bluetonguelizard.com

Bear in mind they range from past Adelaide to Cape York and across to about Mt. Isa and are pretty variable, especially in Qld. As you go north in Qld the markings tend to become less dark and not as predominant. For example, the eye stripe can all but disappear from northerly individuals and the width,intensity and number of bands can be greatly reduced. At 53 cm yhat is a full grown Eastern. Northerns have a longer tail and can get to another 10 cm or so in total length.

Blue

Ha! I knew it! I'm relieved, In the end I was kind of second guessing myself. Nice to be confirmed.

Qld form of Tiliqua scincoides scincoides. They share characteristics with T.s.intermedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back