ID of this snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Guys,

Found this little guy yesterday and he looked different so I snagged him (gently :)
Had a close look. He looks like a whip snake. Am I correct?

let us know what you think!

Attachments

• 483178_10150668477024523_510999522_8974979_553463239_n.jpg
    483178_10150668477024523_510999522_8974979_553463239_n.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 189
Yep! Yellow-Faced Whipsnake :) I miss those guys! used to catch them a lot in my teens :D

I presumed it was a whip snake, I know picking up a un ID'd snake is not technically a smart move, but he was also in the area of work and it was easier to remove him then try and shoo him away! Mind you I wouldn't be picking up a full grown one, this one was easier to control :)

Cheers

They only get to about 1 meter mate :) Yellowfaced whipsnakes arnt big.. but jesus they are fast :D Awesome fun to wrangle with, I've taken a few bites from them in the past and only had some minor swelling and localised pain for a short period... about 30 minutes

They only get to about 1 meter mate :) Yellowfaced whipsnakes arnt big.. but jesus they are fast :D Awesome fun to wrangle with, I've taken a few bites from them in the past and only had some minor swelling and localised pain for a short period... about 30 minutes

Yeah I was aware that the pain was localised and not too intense...Mind you the smaller you are probably the more you are affected but I'm not a runt lol :) He was bloody quick and fun to catch haha!

Well i was actually "working" in Noosa collecting some Groundwater Samples etc etc so when i saw it I jumped on the chance to get a closer look lol can't help myself haha. First one I have ever seen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back