Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysnake

Reaction score
DSC_0296.jpgDSC_0295.jpgthe guy i bought them off told me they were just blue tongues he didnt know there were different types lol so hope these photos are clear enough thanks guys ....

he didnt know there were different types lol so hope these photos are clear enough thanks guys ....

LOL there the same :oops:

Common or Eastern Blue-tongued Skink (Tiliqua scincoides scincoides).
The seller should have been able to tell you the species if they were on licence.

While there is a bit of difference between the patterning in the two animals, as has been said, they are both Eastern Bluetongues (Tiliqua scincoides). Given this sub-species ranges from past Adelaide in SA up to Cape York and across to around Mt. Isa, some degree of variation is only to be expected. You will find the greatest degree of variation in appearance occurs in QLD. Your two look like NSW specimens, mid-coast or north thereof.

Blue

Blue They are more likely from around Sydney or thereabouts I have found Easterns from the mid and north coast of NSW tend to loose the black stipe through the eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back