Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakelady96

Reaction score
Hi all, a friend sent me this picture of a snake they found while out swimming in a lake, its got me puzzled anyone got an idea of what it could be? At first i thought gts, i may be right but im not too sure. Also one of the pics i have enhanced for a better view.

Attachments

• RIMG0058.jpg
    RIMG0058.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 137
  • RIMG0057.jpg
    RIMG0057.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 119
  • RIMG0058.jpg
    RIMG0058.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
It looks like a bad photoshop job to me. The head is really red in the first pic and not so red in the second.
Which lake was it swimming in ..... the Red Lake?

Hi all, a friend sent me this picture of a snake they found while out swimming in a lake, its got me puzzled anyone got an idea of what it could be? At first i thought gts, i may be right but im not too sure. Also one of the pics i have enhanced for a better view.

did you enhance the colors in the photo?

I'm not the best at photoshopping ill admit, as i said the first one is enhanced and i think it was found near a lake.. I was just going through some pics, could it be a whip snake of some sort?

It could be anything that it is not. It's a fake.

Keelback? Are you serious GeckoRider?

It's not fake i just enhanced the first pic like i said! Is it uncommon for them to have a red head? i google some images and i cant find any with a red head...

I agree with that too but do you agree that someone pushed a few buttons in photoshop? That is a crimson red in the first photo ..... and then it faded away in second?

waterrat, in his first post he said he enhanced the first picture for better viewing...

-.- i dont think i can get the message across, ill put up a pic of the ORIGINAL picture of the one that i enhanced.

waterrat, in his first post he said he enhanced the first picture for better viewing...

Thank-You!

There heads can be orange-brown or copper in colour, information sourced from wilson and swan. Books are much better than google.

There, thats the original pic, far out didn't realise me saying it was an enhanced pic would cause so much drama saying its fake :/

Enhanced makes the pic more brighter, sorta brings out the colour more but yes i do agree if that was the ONLY pic i would've thought it was fake too thats why i put an original pic up as well.

After some research last night i found in a book 'Reptiles of Queensland' that the snake is a marbled whip snake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back