ignorant old ladies and their cats vs snake.. lol

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

Reaction score
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&vid=211e6384-1c71-49c2-a183-0142a833f8b1

just watched this clip from the bottom of my msn.

what are your thoughts?
i found it quite funny, as im a lover of all animals, and whilst yes, its not nice loosing a cat, its not the fault of the "ugggh... evil" snake.

and i love how they act like the snake is the big evil invader, not like they are hanging out in its natural habitat in its area or anything...

oh and punching the snake in its fattest part, lol at that too.

my vote: get the snake moved to a better area, keep the kitten inside untill its gone, and cut your grass once in a while ladies

didnt mean to post it in general herps. sigh.

how on earth do i delete it? must my failures at internet skills and lack of compassion for ignorance be displayed even after ive realised ive posted it in the wrong section?

i hated it when she said the only good snake is a dead snake
the snake has a right to live just as her cat has

i hated it when she said the only good snake is a dead snake
the snake has a right to live just as her cat has

Fairly common view Ive found. Most people have not realised that they are now an adult and can review their beliefs that were handed down from parents/teachers/society.

Bad press to blame for snake, spider phobias: study
Researchers say they have overturned a long-held theory about why so many people are afraid of spiders and snakes.
It was previously thought that the fear of snakes and spiders had evolved in response to the dangers they posed and was an automatic response in everyone.
But University of Queensland researcher Dr Helena Purkis says testing shows that although snakes and spiders capture people's attention, they do not trigger fear in everyone.
She says the research shows phobias develop based on information received as a child, and therefore snakes are spiders are widely feared because they get so much bad press.
"If you think about things like the media and movies, snakes and spiders are pretty much universally the bad guys," she said.
"The Snakes on a Plane or Arachnophobia - they're always painted as quite dangerous."

Fairly common view Ive found. Most people have not realised that they are now an adult and can review their beliefs that were handed down from parents/teachers/society.

Bad press to blame for snake, spider phobias: study
Researchers say they have overturned a long-held theory about why so many people are afraid of spiders and snakes.
It was previously thought that the fear of snakes and spiders had evolved in response to the dangers they posed and was an automatic response in everyone.
But University of Queensland researcher Dr Helena Purkis says testing shows that although snakes and spiders capture people's attention, they do not trigger fear in everyone.
She says the research shows phobias develop based on information received as a child, and therefore snakes are spiders are widely feared because they get so much bad press.
"If you think about things like the media and movies, snakes and spiders are pretty much universally the bad guys," she said.
"The Snakes on a Plane or Arachnophobia - they're always painted as quite dangerous."

I agrre - the fear/hatred of snakes goes back at least as far as the origins of Judeo-Christian culture - Satan taking the form of a serpent in the Garden of Eden.

it supposedly ate the cats mother a week before so honestly what do they expect to happen?:rolleyes:she should be charged for attacking a native animal.it amazes the ignorance of people who believe cats have a right to roam around and do what they like in this country.its disgusting really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back