Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotas

Reaction score
hello, do you know some tasmanian breeder ?
i come from france and i can't find tasmanian reptiles breeder on the net.
thank you for your help

There is something about quarentine and tasmania and I dont think there are any pythons and so there arent many breeders of them............... I think they have poisonous ones but not pythons

good luck mate (also if you dont know, no pythons allowed in tassie mate,only tiger snakes,copperheads & and white lipped snakes )

Because of the ridiculous rules here we cant keep reptiles in Tasmania apart from our native ones,

SNAKES:
Tiger snake (Notechis scutatus) No. 5 deadliest snake in the world
Copperhead snake (Austrelaps superbus) like no. 50
White-Lipped snake (Drysdalia coronoides) not deadly (i'v been biten by young one)

DRAGONS:
Mountain Dragon (Rankinia diemensis)

SKINKS:
Three-lined skink (Acritoscincus duperreyi)
She-oak skink* (Cyclodomorphus casuarinae)
White's skink (Egernia whitii)
Delicate skink (Lampropholis delicata)
Bougainville's skink (Lerista bougainvillii)
Mountain skink* (Niveoscincus orocryptus)
Northern Snow skink* (Niveoscincus greeni)
Southern Snow skink* (Niveoscincus microlepidotus)
Spotted skink* (Niveoscincus ocellatus)
Pedra Branca skink* (Niveoscincus palfreymani)
Tasmanian Tree skink* (Niveoscincus pretiosus)
Metallic skink (Niveoscincus metallicus)
Southern Grass skink (Pseudemoia entrecasteauxii)
Tussock skink (Pseudemoia pagenstecheri)
Glossy Grass skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni)
Blotched Blue-tongue lizard (Tiliqua nigrolutea)

* means not aloud to keep

The Blotched blue tongue is an excellent pet a few breeders get in contact with herpetology society's and reptile clubs and you should be able to get one.

far out, thats a bit full on is tassie still part of aus? or you guys your own country now? as far as i knew pythons are native australian and tassie was part of australia but i could be wrong, i would be moving back to " australia", if that was the case or "mainland"

even though there not native there, but then again never are jungles in nsw:S i could keep going

1 country and with 7 sets of rules and regulations should be 1 country 1 ruling and regulations sorry that amazes me

Even if you do manage to find an Tasmanian breeder the chances of getting something exported to France would be zero, this is what i have just found on the relevent website,

"Tasmania has a long standing policy not to allow the import or export of reptiles to and from the State except under permit for scientific research or for zoological display. The exporting of any Australian species of reptile is illegal under federal law."

Even if you do manage to find an Tasmanian breeder the chances of getting something exported to France would be zero, this is what i have just found on the relevent website,

"Tasmania has a long standing policy not to allow the import or export of reptiles to and from the State except under permit for scientific research or for zoological display. The exporting of any Australian species of reptile is illegal under federal law."

I Agree + 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back