Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tasmanians be able to import Australian reptiles?

• YES can import

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • NO no iports

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie97

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im going to try and put in a poll what are your thoughts on Tasmanians importing Australian pythons and reptiles

as Tasmania has no pythons and very few lizards that can be kept as pets please poll (if it works) and post what you think :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i believe that selected reptiles should be aloud in as they wouldn't be able to survive a Tasmanian winter let alone breed so please post your view on this point

yeh, you tassie herpers should at least get a select few reptiles, i mean theres what, 500,000 people in the whole of tassie?
seriously, how many snakes do they expect to escape, plus the price will be extreme for a few years, so nobody will want to ditch them......

Last edited by a moderator:
not really my style lizardboii

but thanks for commenting
and it currently ilegle in tas ATM to sell the native reptiles so everyone has to collect there pets from the wild

not really my style lizardboii

but thanks for commenting
and it currently ilegle in tas ATM to sell the native reptiles so everyone has to collect there pets from the wild
yeh, lol not my style either BUT its always an option......also there is a loophole there, it is illegal to sell native animals, now would this be native to tasmania, or does this include mainland as well ;)

its better to make it leagle and let in animals that wont survie in tas than people smugling in turtles that will survive in the wild

its better to make it leagle and let in animals that wont survie in tas than people smugling in turtles that will survive in the wild
yeh, that true, but you gotta think, what damage can 1 or 2 turtles do?? i mean, maybe if they somehow breed with tassie turtles BUT i doubt that

well they were leagle about 5 years ago and a desise was brought in with them that was killing frogs thats why the gov is so anti-reptile

but i think if the reptiles are vet checked there aren't any probs even if they only let in males anything would be great

Agamidae (Dragons)
Rankinia diemensis (Mountain Dragon)
Scincidae (Skinks)
Acritoscincus duperreyi (Three-lined Skink)
Cyclodomorphus casuarinae (She-oak Skink) (endemic)
Egernia whitii (White's Skink)
Lampropholis delicata (Delicate Skink)
Lerista bougainvillii (Bougainville's Skink)
Niveoscincus orocryptum (Mountain Skink) (endemic)
Niveoscincus greeni (Northern Snow Skink) (endemic)
Niveoscincus microlepidotus (Southern Snow Skink) (endemic)
Niveoscincus ocellatus (Spotted Skink) (endemic)
Niveoscincus palfreymani (Pedra Branca Skink) (endemic)
Niveoscincus pretiosus (Tasmanian Tree Skink) (endemic)
Niveoscincus metallicus (Metallic Skink)
Pseudemoia entrecasteauxii (Southern Grass Skink )
Pseudemoia pagenstecheri (Tussock Skink)
Pseudemoia rawlinsoni (Glossy Grass Skink)
Tiliqua nigrolutea (Blotched Blue-tongued Lizard)
Eulamprus tympanum (Southern Water Skink)
[edit]Serpentes (Snakes)

Elapidae (Elapids)
Austrelaps superbus (Lowland Copperhead)
Drysdalia coronoides (White-lipped Snake)
Notechis scutatus (Tasmanian Tiger Snake

thats what we got but most are little skinks that are basically impossible to keep in captivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back