Incubating a duck egg help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimbully

Reaction score
Hello, I have rescued an egg disturbed from the nest by humans. Is there a way to keep incubating it with out an incubator? Say with a lamp or something for warmth?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Kim

mm maybe set it up like a rep egg and put in the hot end of a rep enclosure maybe

hahaah yeah sit on it meh just crak it open have a omlete or something

duck-eggs

an electric frypan turned down to its lowest [very lowest] put 20mls of water in it put a wire cake rack in there so then put the eggs in a container on the rack.......unlike herp eggs they MUST be turned twice daily several times.........duck eggs 38 degrees..........l have used this method a couple of times.........cheers

Thanks solar. I don't have an electric frypan but I have been keeping it at that temp and turning it morning and night so far. I will "candle" in a few days to see if my effort is paying off....

Make sure you mist it too everyday. Mother duck always sits on them with a wet belly to keep them hydrated.

i've successfully raised chickens using the frypan method, then once they hatched I had them in a fenced off area of the laundry with a lightbulb with a big plastic lightshade for heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back