Incubation Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraftonChic

Reaction score
How do you keep your vermiculite damp? I started out with vermiculitie water ratio of 1:1 and its drying out.
What does everyone else do?
How can you tell if the eggs are any good, or not. My eggs started out a yellow, pinkie colour and have gone a grey colour.
They are not dented, dont smell, are not leaking and are bigger than they were. She just layed another clutch.
I wipe the moisture that builds up on the lid, have them sitting between 28-30 degrees.
Havnt moved them, so the embryo comes away from the egg wall.
Thanks for any advice

if my eggs look like they're drying up i put a sheet of tissue over them and lightly mist them with a water spray.

What type of container are the eggs in, how good is the seal on the lid and are there any air holes?

I mixed my first batch of vermiculite at 1:1 by weight but it dried out slightly, about three weeks into incubation. Now I mix at 1:1 and then add a tiny bit extra water. Haven't had any problems with the subsequent four or five clutches. My egg tubs have about half a dozen pinholes in the lid and I remove to lid and wipe the condensation as needed.

Have you candled them? Fertile eggs will have a red embryo spot visible, and as they develop, a network of veins will spread across the inside of the shell.

I have them in chinese containers with tiny holes in the lid, thats what I read on here when I was looking up incubation. My eggs were not planned. I thought I had 2 girls.
No I havnt candled them, how do you do that please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back