Incubator temperature

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxon

Reaction score
What is the ideal incubator temperature setting to hatch Green Tree Python eggs?

Probably most likely like around close to 28c
There is some debate about the exact best temperature but most would say something warmer - I've heard various opinions but none under 30. It's interesting you suggest 28, where did that level come from? Have you tried it? I would have thought it was too cool but without having tried it myself or knowing anyone who has, I won't say it's bad, just not in line with what I've heard and seen.

Some also suggest changing the temperature during incubation, which I personally would not recommend, at least in part because any small benefits are outweighed by the risk of getting the setting wrong; the more changes you make the more likely you are to get something wrong.

If you’re going for straight bake, 31°
if you're confident in your incubator to not go up in temp at all, then yes 31 is the optimal temperature.

setting at 28 will provide the same outcome, although a slightly longer incubation time, will be far more forgiving in the off chance your temps decide to spike a couple of degrees.

i'd rather have peace of mind and wait an extra 10 days, instead of rushing to get hatchlings.

although different, my last clutch of bredli eggs I incubated some at 25c for the sake of experimenting and the rest of the clutch at 28c, the 28c eggs hatched at 65 days, and the 25c eggs hatched at 80 days. the 80 day eggs hatchlings were FAR more inclined to start feeding and were bigger out of the egg..

if you're confident in your incubator to not go up in temp at all, then yes 31 is the optimal temperature.

setting at 28 will provide the same outcome, although a slightly longer incubation time, will be far more forgiving in the off chance your temps decide to spike a couple of degrees.

i'd rather have peace of mind and wait an extra 10 days, instead of rushing to get hatchlings.

although different, my last clutch of bredli eggs I incubated some at 25c for the sake of experimenting and the rest of the clutch at 28c, the 28c eggs hatched at 65 days, and the 25c eggs hatched at 80 days. the 80 day eggs hatchlings were FAR more inclined to start feeding and were bigger out of the egg..

25! I've never heard of them being done so cool as a constant flat temperature through all of incubation! Thanks for sharing! Many would abuse someone for even considering attempting that, but I love it when people experiment. I've experimented with all sorts of incubation variables but never pythons at temperatures that low.

I'm even slightly impressed you managed to keep them below 26 for 80 days at that time of year.

Latest posts

Back