incubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyandnat

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if this would be ok for my knob tails
Is this enough vermiculite? and do i just sit the probe on top of the lid? and is 29 the best temp? Is this type of incubator any good?? sorry first time incubating
Thanks Matt
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

It's best to have a thermometer probe in the egg container if possible. Also that looks like one of the on/off black box thermostats? It should do the job but the dimming ones are much better.

yes it is a on off thermostat ill have to get a dimming one in the future. do you just have a thermometer probe in the egg container and the thermostat probe sit on the lid or will the heat from the light set off the the thermostat to early?

I have the thermostat probe out of the container but I calibrate it off the thermometer probe and ignore the reading on the thermostat dial.

putting the probe on top of the container is fine but the temp in the container will be about .5 degree lower. i incubate mine at 28 degrees and then the temp inside the container is 27.5.
remember with a on/off thermo set at 29 the temp can get a bit high in unexpected circumstances (e.g if the room temp raises) and can go above 30 which is not good.

ok i understand do you think i should put all lights in it or just have 2 or 3?
Thanks heaps for the help she hasn't layed yet i just want to have it ready for when she does.
Thanks heaps really appreciated
If i keep the room as cool as possible will this help?

You want to keep the room below the incubator temp and as stable as possible but not too low.

If you are using an on/off thermo you should use the lowest wattage globes possible to reliably reach your incubator temp, this will help reduce fluctuations due to the thermostat design.

ok thanks guys i will give it a shot and will be purchasing a dimming thermostat as soon as i have the money. Damn pet shop spent $80 on that thermostat because i was told that was the right one. Hopefully all goes well and they hatch ok now im stressing a bit.
Thanks heaps again really helpfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back