info needed on transporting hatchling?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I was wondering how to best transport a M/D hatchy at night when its cooler outside than the usual habitat?

more details.

assuming you mean, driving the animal, it will be fine. if it's flying, should also be fine, just pack the freight box with shedded paper to prevent a draft, and to ad support from vibration and nocks. i suppose that method could be used in both applications.

i generally use a little foam esky, with holes drilled in it, snake in a calco bag (bank bag), fill the esky up half way with shedded paper, hatchie on top, close and tape lid shut. NB airholes must be adequate.

sorry, i should have elaborated. I ment just going over to a friends place for a few hours one night. traveling by car.

Thanks

In a bag in an esky would be ideal.

Technically you are probably not legally allowed take it off the premises for a social visit if you have a basic licence.

Also it is probably pretty stressful on the little guy so I would not be doing it too often.

i dont have a licence, dont need one for one snake but ill take note of the stress thing though, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back