Information needed incubating Blackheaded Python eggs in Zoomed Reptibator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apprenticegnome

Reaction score
I have a Zoomed Reptibator and my Blackheaded Python is due in the next 10 days roughly to lay eggs. I'm after information on how to set eggs in incubator given that it runs slightly different to a typical home made bar fridge setup. The Reptibator has water channels about 1 to 1.5 cm deep on the bottom then a sheet of eggshell foam on top which helps retain a constant relative humidity. What I don't know is should I put the eggs on top of a vermiculite/perlite mix in a plastic tub inside the incubator? What is a recommended mix (V:p:Water) and should the eggs just sit on the surface of this? Should the container be sealed? Should the container have any holes if sealed? I was leaning towards sitting them on the vermiculite/perlite/water mix in an open tub given they are in the Reptibator. I'm not interested in changing incubators this late in the process so am asking anyone who is familiar and experienced with this particular incubator for advice. I do own and have read keeping and breeding Australian Pythons and while the book holds a good amount of information it does leave out some relevant details on processes used.

I have a Zoomed Reptibator and my Blackheaded Python is due in the next 10 days roughly to lay eggs. I'm after information on how to set eggs in incubator given that it runs slightly different to a typical home made bar fridge setup. The Reptibator has water channels about 1 to 1.5 cm deep on the bottom then a sheet of eggshell foam on top which helps retain a constant relative humidity. What I don't know is should I put the eggs on top of a vermiculite/perlite mix in a plastic tub inside the incubator? What is a recommended mix (V:p:Water) and should the eggs just sit on the surface of this? Should the container be sealed? Should the container have any holes if sealed? I was leaning towards sitting them on the vermiculite/perlite/water mix in an open tub given they are in the Reptibator. I'm not interested in changing incubators this late in the process so am asking anyone who is familiar and experienced with this particular incubator for advice. I do own and have read keeping and breeding Australian Pythons and while the book holds a good amount of information it does leave out some relevant details on processes used.

I used one of them over 2 seasons and it worked really well
I did a 50/50 ratio of vermiculite to water in a tub
I did find the temp reader on the incubator itself dodgy so had a seperate one in there and adjusted the temps to that one
That was for coastal eggs though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back