Inland feedings issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam123

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi ya'll I just want to know your guy's advice on this matter, so I have had a murray darling carpet python for about 7 months now and she hasn't eaten for 3-4 weeks now, should I be worried? or is she just gonna sleep for winter? Please tell me if im worrying to much or if I need to take her to the vet

-Kind regards Sam

It's just brumation. My spotteds have gone to sleep and stopped eating as well. No need to be worried. Although, how old is your inland? Most people don't let them brumate until they are 12 months old.

Shes just over a year

- - - Updated - - -

Also how long will it last?

You can hold off on the vet visit for now, it's not that uncommon for snakes to refuse feed for months on end. Keep an eye on her weight, and if she will allow it take some weight measurements and photos to compare her against every few weeks. Significant weight loss would warrent a vet visit. As Evil_Birdy said, it's most likely brumation, a completely normal behavior for snakes :)

Just make sure the temps are adequate now that the weather and our houses are cooling, especially if the enclosure is on the large side and your heat source is concentrated.

Jamie

I wouldn't be worried. Depending on your setup they may not eat for months until it warms up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back