Inporting & exporting reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney

Reaction score
I need a assistence
As I have only been selling my beardies local but as of late interest interstate people .

Q1 Who do people use to transport there reptiles ?

Q2 I relise there is some veriation re licence requirements from state to state i.e. import, Export licences

So for example Im in Sydney Exporting to Qld I need a export Licence .I need there import lic. number ? Work transport & cost forward info to relivent people Then the animal

This is all new to me as I have aquired Or sold reptiles local

Thanks Barney

Hi Barney,

the person who bought my Frilly (member here but up to them to tell) recommended that I use Heights haulage at Wetherill Park. this person also works in the freight industry.

I also know that when I collect from interstate it is Australian Air Express that does it.

sorry, but thats all I have.

Oh, anywhere near Narellan are you?

Thanks Peter ,

Im in Revesby And as said have interest interststate mainly QLd I relise licencing is is different from state to state just thaught this site may point me in the right direction

Thanks

here is wat I found out so far

From Sydney to say Qld - brissi
With AAE it is $46 + 3 per kg of reptile

Re import & export only info for N.S.W.
With a cost of $20 which lasts for a mnth.

hey barney i used to work in revesby....
do us a favour mate?
go to "peters meats" opposite the train station and kick the
manager in the cods for me and say ...

"thats from kris, the butcher who left 5 yrs ago to go to
queensland"
he'll still be there... you cant miss him
he is the old dood.
just ask who the mad golfer is.

re Inporting

Gday Barn,mate they all have different rules and names and etc this is so they can feel fresh and relevant and differentiate themselves from the other skippy type departments in various states.QLD skips have a movement system and a person that your sending an animal to has to have one and let them worry about it barn.Basically the movements have four color pages,one keep for records and one send to QLD skips for each party,you need export permit from NSW skips and that will cost 20 bucks and is the same for one or multiple animals which makes a beardy an expensive animal.Ive always charged that export tax to the buyer because its not worth the trouble if you dont.Victoria is good theyve changed their name more times than ive had breakfasts,at the moment they are department of sustainability or something,makes them hard to search for,good luck with this lot Mr Rubble.Barny i wont even start on the WA slips which call them selves CALM or something,obviously copyed the man from uncle,they watched the others making money and went overboard.Yeh i cant understand my post either :lol:

Thats a great post Zulu. What you have actually managed to do is perfectly capture the malaise of crap that must go through ones head to move a reptile from Mildura to about 12 kilometres away. Could you imagine what a poor Murray Shortneck goes through each day when deciding what bank to sun itself on!!

re Inporting

Yeh Pete,you got the idea mate its a circus act designed to raise money :p A prominent bird breeder informed me they have the same class 1 and 2 system etc now and he said it was a money making venture.,if you have the cl2 reps or birds it makes them harder to sell and discourages breeding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back