Intergrade Photo & Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KathandStu

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name's Kathy & I'm new to this forum. There is an introduction post in the "Introduce Yourself" board so I won't repeat myself here.

I have a 7 month-old Intergrade Python (Diamond x Carpet) called Salazar & just had to share a photo.

Also I have heard very conflicting advice regarding the eventual length of this breed. What are your thoughts (I trust actual keepers over books any day!) on the size? Salazar is about 40cm currently.

Oh one other question if I may, are Intergrades aboreal? There really isn't much information out there specifically about Intergrades.

Thanks,

Kathy

Welcome aboard, sizes vary, and your snake will keep on growing as he ages, they don't really stop. A large intergrade was caught a while ago which was something like 15 feet but as a rough guess lets say the average will be 6-7 feet, but dont be concerned it will a while before it gets that big!

Pugsly: Thanks. I figured it would get between 6-9 ft so I'm not worried about how big it is going to get. We were quite prepared to have a big snake when we were thinking of buying one.

Craig.a.c: I will definatly be including some branches when I get an enclosure for him. Would dowl from a hardware store (about an inch think) work or would it be too slippery? It might be a little bit tricky to find branches as we live in the CBD of Parramatta! Thanks for the info.[/b]

nice to see new members im only new myself
cute little babie isnt it dimonds san get very big depending on what type of carpet he has got in him or her is going to be s will the sex as will how much u feed him and how often dont make the mistake i made my fella got to big to quick now i regret it Oh not really but when i first got him approx 18months ago he was already 2 years and only about 50/60cm still on one won small mouse a week i got told he should be twice as big and should be on rats so istarted feeding him plenty and now he is approx 5 ft
make sure just like children u appreciate them when they are small

before you go any further an intergrade refers to a regional pattern variety of M. spilota ssp.
It was coined in NSW to cover those animals that came from that stock. What you have is a crossbreed DiamondXCarpet.

Any other theories are just semantics.

Peterescue: :oops: I just kinda figured that Intergrade was the correct term as that is what the breeder sold it to us as & it was on the Common Names fact sheet the Wildlife guys sent us with our licence. So to be technically correct I should refer to it as a Carpet x Diamond crossbreed?

Dicco: Thanks for the clarification. I shall hence-forth refer to Salazar as a Diamond X Carpet hybrid (sounds better than "crossbreed" though it may mean the same thing). See? Look at me being taught! Who says old serpents can't learn new tricks? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back