Intern. Photo Award my Reptile Images

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

Reaction score
I have been awarded third place in the nature category of international photographic competition - PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris.

See my entry here or below
http://www.px3.fr/

winnerlogo.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

WINNER OF PX3, Prix de la Photographie Paris

SHANNON PLUMMER OF AUSTRALIA WAS AWARDED THIRD PRIZE IN THE 2008 PX3 COMPETITION.

PARIS, FRANCE
PRIX DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS (PX3) ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE 2008 COMPETITION.

Shannon Plummer of Australia was Awarded: Third Prize in category Nature for the entry titled, " ORDER:SQUAMATA ." The jury selected 2008’s winners from thousands of photography entries from over 85 countries.

Px3 is juried by top international decision-makers in the photography industry:
Carol Johnson, Curator of Photography of Library of Congress, Washington D.C.; Gilles Raynaldy, Director of Purpose, Paris; Viviene Esders, Expert près la Cour d'Appel de Paris; Mark Heflin, Director of American Illustration + American Photography, New York; Sara Rumens, Lifestyle Photo Editor of Grazia Magazine, London; Françoise Paviot, Director of Galerie Françoise Paviot, Paris; Chrisitine Ollier, Art Director of Filles du Calvaire, Paris; Natalie Johnson, Features Editor of Digital Photographer Magazine, London; Natalie Belayche, Director of Visual Delight, Paris; Kenan Aktulun, VP/Creative Director of Digitas, New York; Chiara Mariani, Photo Editor of Corriere della Sera Magazine, Italy; Arnaud Adida, Director of Acte 2 Gallery/Agency, Paris; Jeannette Mariani, Director of 13 Sévigné Gallery, Paris; Bernard Utudjian, Director of Galerie Polaris, Paris; Agnès Voltz, Director of Chambre Avec Vues, Paris; and Alice Gabriner, World Picture Editor of Time Magazine, New York.

Winning entries from each major category (Advertising, Photojournalism, Book, Fine Art, Nature, and Portraiture) are exhibited in Paris at the prestigious Galerie Acte 2 from June 26-28 and published in the high-quality, full-color Px3 Annual Book, which is distributed to galleries, agencies, publishers and bookstores worldwide.

About the Winner:

Contact Shannon Plummer:
http://www.shannonplummerphotography.com

Here is the series of images entered. Don't forget - © 2007-2008 Shannon Plummer. All rights reserved.

Morelia spilota
578470-2-jungle-python-morelia-spil.jpg

Tiliqua sp.
488923-4-blue-tongue-lizard-tiliqua.jpg

Pogona henrylawsoni
491539-4-dwarf-or-downs-bearded-dra.jpg

Morelia spilota metcalfei
578661-2-inland-carpet-or-murray-da.jpg

Morelia amethystina kinghorni
578681-4-scrub-or-amethyst-python-m.jpg

Last edited:
if i could swear...right now ide be banned!

*****...*****...****
translation...

great pics...fantastic job....incredible quaity...!!!!
you should be proud!!!!!!!

brilliant......which photo won?

you have probably already covered that but my tired eyes are making me feel old.

Thanks Skot, I submitted these five images as a series so they won collectively.

brilliant......which photo won?

you have probably already covered that but my tired eyes are making me feel old.

Thanks Richardsc - yes, there was plenty of jumping and screaming upon finding out! haha

Awesome photos! Can I ask what Camera are you using and for us noobs to photography what settings etc and how did you get those amazing photos?

Congrats on winning 3rd place!!!
Cheers,
Mell

Hey Mell,

Well, I use a Nikon D200 + 18-200mm VR lens + Nikon R1 Macro Lighting Kit.
I just have white or coloured cardboard behind the reptile and a lot of patience!

Settings depend on the available light at the time but I usually shoot in Aperture Priority mode and choose the Aperture depending on how much of the animal I want in focus or the angle I'm shooting at. Basically I take a LOT of photos and then choose the best from that.
After that a bit of post on the computer to correct colour and crop if necessary and voila!

Oh, and a couple of years of fiddling around and learning from mistakes - I'm self taught so there were plenty of mistakes to learn from - haha!

Awesome photos! Can I ask what Camera are you using and for us noobs to photography what settings etc and how did you get those amazing photos?

Congrats on winning 3rd place!!!
Cheers,
Mell

Congragulations Shannon they are brilliant photos, I will try a couple of your tips, well done:D

WoW Shannon! :shock: Awesome talent! Are you the lady who has some articles in the Reptiles Austarlia Magazine ?

Those Pics are Impressive!:p

Nikki :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back