Introducing Carpet Pythons during breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac_everingham2000

Reaction score
Hi I am breeding my Darwin carpet pythons and I want to know if I should introduce the male into the females enclosure or the female into the males enclosures does it matter? And it it 100% they will get along or will I need to get another snake just in case they are not interested?

I would introduce the male, that way the female isn't having to settle in to the new surroundings with male presence to deal with as well. That said however, I have tried both methods and gotten the same results so it's not a matter of mating or no mating, but to be 100% confident I would introduce the male. If it's cold enough for the pair to be stimulated into mating then yes they will get along. However from what I've learned and observed is that if the pair haven't been cooled down into a dormant phase known as 'brumation' then generally they won't be stimulated to mate. However this doesn't mean aggression, it simply means they aren't gonna hook up.
Anyway that's just my input on the topic. I'm sure there are other members who can help in case I missed anything đź‘Ť

Back