• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Invertebrates

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mate,

The changes seem to indicate that all Spiders and Scorpions (native) will be fine and a class one, is your query the 10 x animal cap? Surely that cannot apply to inverts... It's not logical... Well, enough said on that I guess...

Where are you based? I'm just south of Brisbane and would be interested in a chat. But I can't help with the bulk of your query sorry. I hope you find an answer soon.

I have called the DES office and requested a call back, hopefully I can answer your questions shortly...
[doublepost=1594168078,1594081288][/doublepost]Ok, I have just taken a return call from the DES, they have advised 'all queries' sent to the email [email protected] are being monitored and reviewed regarding the upcoming 'proposed' changes, so all issues should be forwarded there.

All species of Tarantulas and all Urodacus species scorpions are now class one and are part of the no breeding/10 animal cap for a basic license, after your current license expires and you need to renew this will apply. Sorry mate.

Yes I appreciate the reply Harry, they have finally got back to me with some good news and bad news, I get to pay $316 (good news?) to keep my spiders and continue my captive breeding program if I choose to do so.

Per the photo you have above, do you have babies available? I have a phobia and was considering purchasing a tarantula (young) to help overcome it. Do you have your own care sheets, being a breeder, you clearly have an idea of what they need, temps, enclosure size, substrate depth etc. that may differ from the information available online?

Many Thanks.

Latest posts

Back