Is anyone breeding Sydney-area common blueys?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koula

Reaction score
Sydney_locale_eastern_BTS.jpg

They look like this, ey?

Are they any much different in care requirements than say, eastern commons blueys from the Mackay-area? I'm thinking they'd like slightly cooler temps, but I could be wrong. :?:

Hey swiftie, I live in sydney and have heaps of blueys around my house and none of 'em look like this one. They lack the orange bits on the sides. But I am from the poor part of town and maybe the ones from The Shire or North Shore look like that. And if they do. I want one.

i live in sydney also and i have never seen any around here with those orange bits on the side..
and if anyone does get any common blue tongue hatchies let me know i want one..

Hey Fly2High, do yours ahve the orange? If so, I am on the list also. and are they simply eastern bluetongues or are they a hybrid?

They are the average common eastern bluey, just for some mad reason, the Sydney ones are more grey/silver, while the central QLD ones are the grey/brown ones.

Yes mine have red/orange bands on them.
they are common blue tongue as far as i know.
Will take a pic later.
Cheers

fly2high how much are will you sell them for? if they do pop im sure ill take one off your hands
Cheers
Carlos

you get orange sides in sydney too. ..that is a most impressive example he has put in his pic, but the ones around the backyards in my area can be banded similar to that, plus we get the grey/black ones too

yes, january/feb. If I take the females out of the enclosure in time.

hi swiftrat,
does this mean you don't want mine?
and the bit about mackay-area ones, just because i live in
mackay doesn't mean mine are from mackay, most
of my adults were bought from newcastle ( nsw ) and
a couple from kangaroo island,
pic added of some of my adults,

cheers,
steve.....

hi swiftrat,
thats cool, just having one of those nights, lol,
must be the heat and lack of sleep, i've just put the rest in
the 4 sale section, i found more babies today, they are a bit
smaller then yours, check out the pics of the new ones,
i'll find out tomorrow on freight costs......

cheers,
steve.......

We received the following email from the owner of the bluey at te top of this thread:

Hi, I noticed on the above forum topic a picture of my bluey ! For anyone intersted on that thread, that's my Jubby who is almost two but that photo was taken when he was about a year old. He's an eastern from the Blue Mountains west of Sydney from local stock from a breeder close to where I live near Springwood NSW. He's been breeding them for about 20 years. You'll also notice he has hardly any banding brown/tan and is very speckled instead.

Feel free to post this info. I've never signed up to your forum because I have only one herp (the aforementioned Jubby) but I do enjoy reading it.

cheers
Lisa

lutzd said:
He's an eastern from the Blue Mountains west of Sydney from local stock from a breeder close to where I live near Springwood NSW.

Is anywone thinking what I'm thinking here? Perhaps we have intergrade Eastern/Blotched blueys hanging around the blue mountains. That would certainly be an area where both occur naturally.

And I gotta get me some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back