Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani161

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, my 8.5 year old Carpet Python has strange marks on him and he is having a bad shed. It has generally always had a good to perfect shed but for some reason he has these horrible patches on him and he is shedding in bits as it’s breaking at these bad patches. See photos. Thanks in advance for any help. 4408E5AF-0864-459F-AE41-DB3D58398BA5.jpeg

I don’t actually know if he is a him or a her.

Attachments

• FA322055-389F-49F0-81D1-65231C6156CB.jpeg
    FA322055-389F-49F0-81D1-65231C6156CB.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 15
Hi, my 8.5 year old Carpet Python has strange marks on him and he is having a bad shed. It has generally always had a good to perfect shed but for some reason he has these horrible patches on him and he is shedding in bits as it’s breaking at these bad patches. See photos. Thanks in advance for any help. View attachment 332154

I don’t actually know if he is a him or a her.
My CP has the exact same thing, my heat lamp blew and shame that it did cause that afternoon/night got very cold and she decided to shed and by the way her shed looked it was very difficult and in pieces, I’m pretty certain those marks are old retained pieces of skin/shed still stuck maybe and have turned into scab like shed/skin from struggling to come off, some scales looked worse then others and wasn’t sure if that was infection starting so every few days I would put her in a betadine solution bath for about 15-30 mins every few days

Back