Is My darwin dehydrated?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CjLeveille

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I would over some advice regarding my darwin carpet. She is about 13 months old and she was feeding well on 1 velvet every 5-7 days. As these seemed a bit small I double fed her then again double fed nk apparent issues. Then she just lost interest and hasn't seemed interested in feeding for 2 weeks. I never see her drink. At one point 4 or 5 weeks prior I saw her soaking so I dropped the temp a fraction because I was worried it was too high. She hasn't soaked since, doesn't seem stressed byt I'm worried about dehydration still. I will add a pic, not the best but hope you can see clear enough to form an opinion if she looks dehydrated.
Any help greatly appreciated, im a noob at this and trying to learn to provide her a happy life.

Attachments

• 20220123_194238.jpg
    20220123_194238.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 26
It is harder to tell with Albinos, to me it looks as though she is going to shed. Snakes do get water from the food as well as drink, I have quite a few Snakes and I rarely see them drink but they do probably at night when they are active. It is not a problem if the Snake doesn't eat for a while, when she is hungry, you will see her taking more notice of you and coming to see you at the glass. Some of my Snakes will Brumate for up to 6 months without eating, as the weather warms up they eat. If she is Shedding, give her a bath and let her swim around.

Thanks heaps for your reply, she literally shed that night. offered food the next day but still not interested but I think just getting settled in her new skin lol. I'm still learning her behaviours and albinos not as easy to see when sheds are coming but ill learn. Cheers again for your help.

Hi CJ
I have a 12 month old Stimson's Python and last month I took her to the vet as she appeared constipated. It turned out to be that and the vet exuded the feaces. For three days after that I filled my water dish with water which was 32 C. At first she tried to get out but after about 10 seconds she just lay there drinking and apparently enjoying it. I still occasionally give her a bathe and she still seems to like it.
This way she gets hydrated through her skin and by drinking. So far no problems with constipation.......The snake that is, and me?

Latest posts

Back