Is this discolouration on my stimmie normal??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErinD

Reaction score
I’ve not posted before but had been a long time reader. I took my stimmie out today (Norman) and noticed it has some small orange/ yellow spots on it towards the base of the head. Just wondering if its anything to worry about, I clean the terrarium regularly and there is never any moisture in the substrate. Its 5 years old so not sure if this is just normal or something i need to be concerned over. I took pictures but they don’t show the colour fully but its only small patches and just appeared..?
I thought maybe stains from the old substrate but nothing comes off when I've dabbed it with paper towel. Also still eating & pooping normally and still happy, friendly and super active.

Attachments

• 704C862B-7070-4C82-BED0-201744B9F1D4.jpeg
    704C862B-7070-4C82-BED0-201744B9F1D4.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 0
  • 052BE88B-2408-43B2-913C-99CC0C1AD054.jpeg
    052BE88B-2408-43B2-913C-99CC0C1AD054.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 0
It's fine, nothing at all to worry about, but I have a question.

Why do you say your snake is "super active"? I see people saying this all the time. No pythons are super active unless something is severely wrong (which I'm sure is not the case here. I puzzle over so many people saying this, when pythons just aren't especially active animals. What exactly do you mean by "super active"? This would be indicative of a problem, but I'm sure it's not happening, so why do you say it?

Not having a go at you, it's just that I see this so often and it makes no sense so I'm trying to understand.

Thank you, much appreciated!
What I personally mean when I say that is when I handle her, she is active and interested and alert, not lethargic or aggressive or defensive & is behaving normally- not like an unwell animal would.
Probably just a way of people shortening a whole sentence but not understanding how the context can not be clear to others.

Last edited:
Bring defensive/aggressive would be very active. Strong and alert isn't really the same as active. It's not correct and it's misleading, but I now understand what you meant, and perhaps that's what others mean - strong and alert when handled. Thank you for the clarification.

Back