Is this iPhone repairable?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I thought it would be fun to see how long my phone would last on the roof of my car! It lasted about 30 seconds, but it had real staying power when it came to laying on the road for 40 minutes getting pounded by vehicles!

I'm really surprised how well it held up actually. I'll let the pics and vid do the talking.
[video=youtube;R71I9is51J8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R71I9is51J8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

The phone itself really isn't that bad. I couldn't give a rats about the glass as I can replace it easily and everything else on it is still pristine including the back glass and the metal band.

The thing I am worried about is the touch feature. It doesn't work... Could the actual screen (not glass) be damaged to the point it gives out a great picture, but isn't responsive at all? I'm not going to replace the glass on it if it's not going to work.

I'm really annoyed, I look after the phone pretty well and haven't damaged it since they launched (which was when I got it). It has been unresponsive and doing weird things recently, so maybe it was time for a new one. It sucks because apple will never believe that it was being crappy, so I'll have to somehow sort it out :(

Last edited:
That's spud, a maltese I bred that passed away in October from a snake bite :( Great dog though, I miss him so much.

Well thats a very stupid thing to do if done delibratly you call apple and tell them a story and they apperntaly send you a new one for 200 dollars thats what I hear from my work mates anyway

Well thats a very stupid thing to do if done delibratly you call apple and tell them a story and they apperntaly send you a new one for 200 dollars thats what I hear from my work mates anyway

Nothing slips passed you mate, except sarcasm ;) I didn't do it deliberately -.-

I don't think apple will give me a replacement for $200, will they?

Similar thing just happened to my brothers ph, except his fell out of his pocket when getting out of the car, by the time he noticed it was gone & retraced his steps it too had been on the road for close to an hour......it looked exactly like yours.......& his was replaced! Goodluck!

Nice work atleast you didn't do a half hearted job. How long have you had it, they come with a years warranty.. As already said if you go into the apple store you can get a refurbished one for $200, it's part of there policy.

Similar thing just happened to my brothers ph, except his fell out of his pocket when getting out of the car, by the time he noticed it was gone & retraced his steps it too had been on the road for close to an hour......it looked exactly like yours.......& his was replaced! Goodluck!

How much was his replaced for, Bel?

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look. Might just claim it on my mums home contents, it's cheap excess.

I got this one less than 12 months ago, my other 4 was given to my mother. Not sure if it's still in warranty at all...

Last edited:
It's an Iphone why would you bother repairing/getting another, there are better phones out there ;)

If the phone is under 12months old go to an apple store and yet will replace it for you free. If it is over 12 months it's about $175 from memory for them to replace it as log as you gie your old one up. Just had a mate do this as long as they know it's an iPhone and can acces the codes on it they will do it. They said to my mate it could be a triangle and they still replace them.... As long as its not water damaged ... They don't like that ;)

$180 will get you a replacement, if your warranty has ran out. If its still in warranty and you can mock up a story to show that It didn't fall off the roof of your car, you'll most likely get a free replacement. I don't believe warranty will cover what happened.

It's an Iphone why would you bother repairing/getting another, there are better phones out there ;)

I disagree. Android OS's don't look as nice and they aren't as well polished as iOS, it's really tacky compared to an iPhone, everything with them just works.

If the phone is under 12months old go to an apple store and yet will replace it for you free. If it is over 12 months it's about $175 from memory for them to replace it as log as you gie your old one up. Just had a mate do this as long as they know it's an iPhone and can acces the codes on it they will do it. They said to my mate it could be a triangle and they still replace them.... As long as its not water damaged ... They don't like that ;)

I'll give it a go, but I highly doubt I'll get a replacement considering it's not a manufacturing fault. It is less than 12 months old from the date it was pulled out of the box, I have the receipt. I'd say it was built more than 12 months ago though, do you know if this makes a difference?

$180 will get you a replacement, if your warranty has ran out. If its still in warranty and you can mock up a story to show that It didn't fall off the roof of your car, you'll most likely get a free replacement. I don't believe warranty will cover what happened.

How would ANY story persuade them to give me another one? The phone is less than a year old, but it's obvious that I've stuffed it??? I think your last sentence is on the money, haha.

I recently had mine replaced for something that was completely unfixable. The insurance or warranty should cover it, if its a complete accident, either Apple or your network carrier will do their best to fix it, if not, replace it, at no cost. I reckon your best bet would be going to your carrier and get it sent off.

Ok cheers mate, I thought they'd wipe their hands of me, I'll go and see them tomorrow :)

If the duty and purpose of the phone is in full working order, all that will need replacing is the screen, and the back plate, and maybe the stainless around the edge. That'll all be replaceable, and I would believe it wouldn't be to expensive.

150 for front and about 110 for the back I have seen worse
My mother droped hers down the lift well it splashed into about 9 million pieces she put it in a glad bag took it to apple and got another one for 200 bucks

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back