Jags and what not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whyme

Reaction score
just curious. Been out of reps for about 10 yrs due to a divorce. I sold up all my pure yellow and black jungles. Trying to chase new ones up now to get back into the hobby. What's with all the jags??? Back then, they were a bit frowned upon. And Ax's??? Everyone seems to be selling them!!! Has the hobby really changed that much in 10 years???

I'm just starting to get back into reptile owning after spending 12 years in the Army and having no time for the hobby.
I was thinking the exact same thing, seeing all these jags and crossed species on the market. It seems like albinos are a dime a dozen now too.

I was wondering about this too. The Jaguars are very beautiful but have the neurological problems been reduced or do we just live with those problems ?

It depends on personal preference. Some absolutely hate the idea of jags and some are fine with it.

I currently have a female jag, she does have some neurological signs, but didn’t become obvious until we put her in a larger tank and only shows these signs when she’s mad/stressed. She still eats well and seems pretty content... it’s very much up to personal choice, the extent of the neurological issues and their quality of life. We are working closely with a vet who is doing some research into their neurological aspects and why it’s come about...

Latest posts

Back