Just cool pics i felt like sharing.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id love a sloth aye lol
Haha, cool.

What about yours ?
I'd love a red-bellied black snake. They are awesome! And I'v heard that they're really placid to keep.

My ultimate choice of pet would be an Aldabra tortoise. Snapped this baby on my last trip to Australia zoo.
2568-1389981178-e8aea0dbb15d0f5dc164166edb9c4beb-jpg.329518
2569-1389981178-141284185219925b1a9cd60d1bd0fa87-jpg.329519
2572-1389981179-c3212c37e5ff0a9b0d7005a0e709609c-jpg.329520
Nice. It'd be pretty cool to have one of them.

Haha, cool.

I'd love a red-bellied black snake. They are awesome! And I'v heard that they're really placid to keep.

Nice. It'd be pretty cool to have one of them.
Yea, grounds keeper here where i live found one in somones back yard the other day, i should of taken a pic. Also seen few over the years out where my mother in law lives.. she has like 13 acres so we always seeing abit of wild life here and there.
Sometime last year seen a carpet python crossing the road, was huuuge, took up a whole lane, i stopped in front of it made sure it crossed ovet safely without getting run over.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yea, grounds keeper here where i live found one in somones back yard the other day, i should of taken a pic. Also seen few over the years out where my mother in law lives.. she has like 13 acres so we always seeing abit of wild life here and there.
Sometime last year seen a carpet python crossing the road, was huuuge, took up a whole lane, i stopped in front of it made sure it crossed ovet safely without getting run over.
Yeah, used to get a few of the red-bellies out where I live but then they started to dissapear when the cain toad population grew. Still see the occasional carpet python every now and then. Neighbor had one the other night actually.
[doublepost=1594523251,1594523085][/doublepost]Hey look at that! I reached "well-known memeber" status! Goal acheived :D

Seeing as how you like Red Bellies I was cleaning my snake cages yesterday and thought I'd snap a couple of pics of a couple of mine for you. They are great snakes to keep but like all vens, you never take them for granted. I've got a nice scar on my left index finger from a bite from one that happened about 18 and a half years ago. At the time I was doing live reptile demos at a shopping centre in Sydney and needed it for the demo the next day. It had shed in the bag overnight and the shed hadn't come completely off so I soaked it and as I was removing the shed it's head slipped through my hand and it nailed me of the finger. Spent the night in St George Hospital where I received 1 ampule of antivenom and was back working at the shopping centre the next day. Most painful bite I've ever suffered.

DSCN1518.JPG DSCN1517.JPG

Yeah, used to get a few of the red-bellies out where I live but then they started to dissapear when the cain toad population grew. Still see the occasional carpet python every now and then. Neighbor had one the other night actually.
[doublepost=1594523251,1594523085][/doublepost]Hey look at that! I reached "well-known memeber" status! Goal acheived :D

We get heaps of both around here. Both often show up in my backyard at numerous times from spring to autumn.

I have only ever seen one wild snake in my day to day adventures (not actively searching for them) and it was a nice young RBB blended into the path way at richmond train station, looked like the black tarmac or whatever they use in between some of the slabs
almost stepped right onto it, but it fled right as i was next to it (i was on my phone so it was in the corner of my eye when it moved) goes to show they arent aggressive and dont want to bite.

I grew up in Canberra , and the very first snake I ever saw in the flesh was a beautiful big RBB just slithering through a patch of short grass minding its own business some were in the Tidbinbilla nature reserve. I was only about 7 or 8 at the time and was having a picnic lunch with mum , dad and my little sister when I noticed it , I knew exactly what it was, and that it was potentially dangerous , but I was so fascinated by it , I just had to have a closer look. Unfortunately mum was terrified of snakes , so as soon as I could say "Wow ,, look at that " she grabbed my sister and me by the arms and dragged us back to the car screaming " SNAAAAAKE". I have been interested in reptiles ever since I can remember, but after that , for some reason I grew great love and respect for them and in fact all creatures in general. It has always amazed me, and always will, how such a small (compared to us) critter could instil such irrational fear in most people. So , sorry mum , RIP, but its probably your fault I'm so interested in snakes to this day. Strange thing is , I now live about 50 kms south east of Canberra , and in the 12 years I have lived here , I have not seen 1 RBB :-( However I do see plenty of eastern browns , eastern tigers and occasionaly alpine copperheads and white lipped snakes.

I have only ever seen one wild snake in my day to day adventures (not actively searching for them) and it was a nice young RBB blended into the path way at richmond train station, looked like the black tarmac or whatever they use in between some of the slabs
almost stepped right onto it, but it fled right as i was next to it (i was on my phone so it was in the corner of my eye when it moved) goes to show they arent aggressive and dont want to bite.
I have a couple of pics of wild RBB's but can't upload them them here because of ridiculous size limits, I actually think RBB's are the most beautiful snakes

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of pics of wild RBB's but can't upload them them here because of ridiculous size limits, I actually think RBB's are the most beautiful snakes

Not sure which person you were replying to there, but Red-bellieds certainly are very beautiful snakes, and also usually have a lovely nature. Captives on the other hand literally try to kill you and will often chase you around the room! Haha, lots of fun!

Seeing as how you like Red Bellies I was cleaning my snake cages yesterday and thought I'd snap a couple of pics of a couple of mine for you. They are great snakes to keep but like all vens, you never take them for granted. I've got a nice scar on my left index finger from a bite from one that happened about 18 and a half years ago. At the time I was doing live reptile demos at a shopping centre in Sydney and needed it for the demo the next day. It had shed in the bag overnight and the shed hadn't come completely off so I soaked it and as I was removing the shed it's head slipped through my hand and it nailed me of the finger. Spent the night in St George Hospital where I received 1 ampule of antivenom and was back working at the shopping centre the next day. Most painful bite I've ever suffered.

View attachment 329537 View attachment 329538

We get heaps of both around here. Both often show up in my backyard at numerous times from spring to autumn.
Nice man! Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to get one. (mums not to keen though)

I actually think RBB's are the most beautiful snakes
I agree. They are definitely the most beautiful snakes That I'v ever seen.

Back