Just curious

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derpyy

Reaction score
Hey so I have a diamond python, I've been feeding it weaners mice and noticed it hasn't been asphyxiating the mice, it use to be super explosive when it ate food but since I've upgraded to weaner mice (they had freezer burn when I bought them and most of the fur falls off not buying them again) it's been super lazy like it'll just start eating it in its own time like an hour after I leave it in the tank, when I go to feed it it'll be super curious with what I'm doing with its food and not really with the mouse, it shouldn't be stressed as I haven't held it this week, maybe I should introduce more hides or something

My Childreni doesn't 'kill' it's food anymore either, did for first few feeds now just grabs it and eats it straight away. Pretty sure he's just being lazy and knows he doesn't need to kill it so doesn't bother. Tried doing the whole wiggle it while he's holding it etc to try and get him to wrap, he just kinda stares at me like 'you alright there, gonna let it go anytime soon?'. Don't think it's an issue so long as it's eating and still behaving like normal it's just a lazy thing.
My Dad's stimpsoni still loves to wrap and kill it and then take a good 10mins so lick it from head to tip of tail over and over before eating his food... so they're all different.

My diamond python doesn't "kill" any more either, sometimes he will bite from the side but most of the time he will slowly open his mouth and I lower the rat in... he used to be ferocious in his attacks but now he's like, my mouth is open, feed me LOL.

Latest posts

Back