Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get on my soap box right now but........
Is it something I have done? Yes. (For very specific reasons)
Is it something I would consider doing ad hoc? No.
Is it something that benefits the snake in any way? I dont know for sure but I cant believe it does.
Is it something I would suggest as an action to others? (who then may think this is how to feed a snake under normal circumstances) No I wouldn't.

Something I learned a long time ago is to keep your advice simple, accurate and delivered in a method that it can't be misinterpreted. (You might want to work on your delivery) I don't believe you intend to misinform but often your clarity of delivery is lacking.

All this 25% of the weight of the snake BS really goads me. Do you think snakes will pass up a meal because its 'too small'? Simple rule of thumb I have used for 30 years plus is........if the snake can get the head of the prey item in its mouth it can GENERALLY swallow it. This does not include poultry or fish but is limited to rodents, rabbits and the like.

Feed it, leave it be. Yes on smaller items its fine to feed more frequently but I question the value in daily feeding. It aint a (expletive) dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back