Kangaroo Island Trip (Pic Heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MathewB

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got back from KI a couple days ago and thought I'd share some pics, this all of them btw.

A Seagull
IMG_0731.jpgIMG_0729 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Pacific Gull
IMG_0761.jpg

PELICANS!!
IMG_0755 - Copy - Copy.jpgIMG_0749 - Copy - Copy.jpgIMG_0747.jpgIMG_0744.jpgIMG_0743.jpgIMG_0767 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Heath Monitors

IMG_0842.jpgIMG_0840.jpgIMG_0838 - Copy.jpgIMG_0719.jpgIMG_0979.jpg

Dont be fooled by those pelican eyes.....they are not as innocent as they look! :p

When my daughter was only little, we were having a bbq etc down the coast, while she was walking along the beach collecting shells, i heard her start screaming.....i turn around to see a pelican opening its huge beak over her head! Although now i can say it was funny......at the time it wasnt, & she is still scared of them almost 10yrs later!

Great pics though, hope you had a great time.

PLease tell me you got a photo bel?

I hate to disappoint.....but no, i didnt.....i was a little too busy trying to stop the pelican flying off with my baby! :shock: Looking back now though......i wish i did stop for just a sec, it would have made a brilliant cover photo for her 18th invites! :lol:

Birds have never been kind actually......when i was about 9 my dad took me to eat my Macca's happy meal at the park......while walking to the seats i was throwing my fries to the ducks that were following us, when i went to sit down i had a chip hanging out of my mouth.......which the big evil duck then proceeded to snatch from me.......grabbing my lip with it though! Then to top my day right off, while i went to play on the swings a crow came down & stole my happy meal toy! :? Until very recently, i hated birds!

Dont be fooled by those pelican eyes.....they are not as innocent as they look! :p
Tell me about it. I made the mistake of trying to hand feed one. Initially it just stood still and looked stupid, then it suddenly lunged at the food, taking my arm up to the elbow. And see that hook on the end of its beak, when the bird drags it down the soft part of your forearm it both hurts and draws blood.

Tell me about it. I made the mistake of trying to hand feed one. Initially it just stood still and looked stupid, then it suddenly lunged at the food, taking my arm up to the elbow. And see that hook on the end of its beak, when the bird drags it down the soft part of your forearm it both hurts and draws blood.

You are the only other person to tell a story like ours, everyone else always says 'no, no way, they are just birds, they dont hurt'! & that 'hook' isnt much kinder on a babies face! She had 'scratches' & blood everywhere!

Hahahaha imagine if the pelican managed to get her a bit of the ay down lol. What a stink it would have been!

Bird Wars: Attack of the Pelicans...

IMG_0763.jpgP1020311.jpg

The Remarkable Rocks

IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0904.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0905.jpg

Some landscape/bush shots

IMG_0832.jpgIMG_0908.jpgIMG_0951.jpgIMG_0948.jpgIMG_0976.jpgIMG_0950.jpg

An echidna I found while bush walking

IMG_0954.jpgIMG_0958.jpgIMG_0966.jpg

I have some more of seals and other stuff, and if anyone is interested I'll upload them

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 64
Cool Echidna pics.... one of my favorite Aussie animals for sure.

Matthew,

Looks like a beautiful place. Nice photos!

Regards,
David

The same thing happened to me as a child, except I was just too slow letting go of the food. They never warn you about these things, they really should lol

Thanks for that cobber. I haven't been to KI since I was 14 (40 years ago!) We used to hitch to Cape Jervis and get a lift across on one of the fishing boats. Then we'd hitch around the island and camp wherever we ended up. Highlight for me was chasing a monitor around a bush and running straight into a huge bull seal. He was NOT impressed.

Great to see that country again. Cheers.

Kangaroo Island Kangaroo
IMG_0952.jpg

NZ Fur Seals
IMG_0925.jpgIMG_0945.jpg

I do have some of the wallaby's but I can't find them :/
No worries Steve and I agree it is beautiful there and I can't wait to go back (If I do). Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Yeah I did but couldn't get a pic :(

One was dead on the road and the other was crossing the road and by the time my dad had turned around he'd disappeared into the bush

those tigers are AWESOME
[and Im not keen on tigers]

pelicans are interesting
in Nelson Bay marina they sit on the light poles by the parking area
group of bikies from Sydney all parked their beautiful shiny choppers one day
we were sitting on the boat with loads of bait so fed them up
about 2 hours later those shiny black bikes were mottled grey all over
they can sure poo a huge stream of pretty vile stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back