Killer fish terrifies Britain

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,23245195-5005940,00.html

A SAVAGE fish that eats everything it comes across, including people, has been hooked by a British fisherman — sparking fears of a deadly invasion.
The giant snakehead, originating from South-East Asia, has a mouth crammed with teeth.
It’s deadly in the water, but it can also “crawl” on land and survive out of water for up to four days.

The discovery of the fish in Linconshire, northern England, has caused widespread panic amongst conservationists and anglers.

An Environment Agency source told the Sun: “The reaction was, ‘Oh *******’. This is the ultimate invasive species - if it starts breeding here it’s a disaster.”

Andy Alder caught the snakehead in the River Witham while using a sprat as bait for pike. He told the Sun: “It had a gob full of razor-sharp teeth. To be honest it looked terrifying.”

It is believed the fish may have been smuggled in for an aquarium and illegally released.

0589815700a316fnh4.jpg

it says in the wiki one was found, the picture may be a fake though

There is just something about that photo though that makes me dubious. To me the giant snakehead on wiki looks completely different.

Do a Google image search, it definitely looks like the same fish.

this should get pretty funny lol especially if they start crawling around london lol:lol:. btw that pic looks like its just the head.

OMG im so going fishing in london

i hope they fight like the African tiger fish mmmmmmmmm tiger fish

cheerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back