Knob tail gecko purchased today.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today we added to our fast growing reptile collection by adding a gorgeous little knob tail gecko. First off, we haven't kept geckos before but have had experience with beardies, netted's and the like. Just been doing some research on care sheets etc and have found some useful information. Given these guys are nocturnal there is no need for UV.

I was able to establish today that the one we purchased is of Shark Bay, WA locale and has some lovely markings and colourings.

Given my lack of experience with knob tails are there any more variations of these??? I know there are smooth tails, levis, amyae etc just wondering whether knob tails are knob tails and there are no variables.

If any of the gecko gurus could shed some light and may be able to provide some good references to study it would be greatly appreciated and any important things to know in keeping these.

Have already picked some info out of the forum searches and wiki.

Is your shark bay dark or light.. I brought a very dark occy but i am suspecting it to be a Levis Levis...
There is 3 subspecies Levis Levis, Levis pilbarensis ( pilbara)and Levis occidentalis (shark bay)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah as you said no uv required, just a heat map or cord.
Love to dig, if you mist them with water they lick the droplets off their face.

It is a breeding/courtship thing and could also happen when it's scared.

Thanks Nick. Actually he did it when a small cricket jumped on him, so yeah understandable. He's settling in well. 26-30 heat (non UV), an Exo Terra terrarium (low line version), desert sand and an appropriate hide.

Settled in well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back