knob tails laying eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knobbies

Reaction score
hi my two female pilbarensis are gravid and was wondering what was the best method for them to lay eggs, should i leave them in there normal enclosure or move them into a separate enclosure???

As soon as the female is gravid i move the male to another enclosure. There was a recent thread about egg laying and the methods people use. Myself i used a chinese food container with moist sand and mound sand over it with just the hole visible. Every time i feed i put the female into the container so that she knows it is a good place to lay. I have had a pilb female lay with this method just last night.

Leave them in their tank ,you can either cut a hole in a cricket container and fill with damp peatmoss and sand.Or build a damp mound of sand in her tank,always keep it moist.

yeah i have a damp section in my tank but was thinking i'd try the cricket container. how long does it usually tae for them to lay???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back