Knobtails Temp and Humidity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadleystar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting my first pair of Smooth Knobtails and have read a couple of books in keeping them and have spoken to a few people as well. I live in Cairns so heating does not seam to be a problem (although I will have to keep an eye on max temps of no more than 32 degrees lower temps should not be an issue with keeping) however!

I have read that they like their area moist and humid but whats a good humidity level to keep them at? At the moment one end of the tank (the end with their house and moisture) sits at around 80-85% while the other end is around 60-65%. This will fluctuate during our tropical summer and reduce during our winters of course, but I want to know what is a good medium and how is best to decrease humidity levels if required?

They are not in the tank yet as they have not arived, but the enclosure is set up and was testing the enviroment before we get them and give them there new home.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back