Land Mullet... HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Belmont, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Okay, on Monday we found a Land Mullet in my backyard. At first we thought it was a blue tongue so we fed it banana and kiwi fruit. (I could only find 1 snail!)

I'm not going to keep it, I'm just encouraging it to come back.
We think its a girl. It's called Spiffy and it appears to be shedding. Please help!

•What do you feed it?
•Do they shed?
•Are there others around?
•When do they breed?

pretty sure for wild specimans their breeding season is already over? I am pretty sure they bare their live bubs around late summer, the bubs sometimes hang around their mum for a little bit so you may see them with her

The best way to encourage it to stay is to ensure it has some good habitat to live in. My folks have 3 adult land mullets at their place up the coast, living in various spots under the deck or in the rockeries. Needless to say, there are barely any snails around those spots anymore.

Okay, on Monday we found a Land Mullet in my backyard. At first we thought it was a blue tongue so we fed it banana and kiwi fruit. (I could only find 1 snail!)

I'm not going to keep it, I'm just encouraging it to come back.
We think its a girl. It's called Spiffy and it appears to be shedding. Please help!

•What do you feed it?
•Do they shed?
•Are there others around?
•When do they breed?

They prefer rotting fruit, fresh fruit will also work, mostly anything a Bluey will eat, they have a very strong bite so be careful, claws are also long and sharp. In the wild they live on berries, fungi and rotting fruit.
They shed as they grow, less frequently as adults.
Males and females pair up, they breed over autumn and have live young mid to late summer, usually 4-8 (every 2 years). The young hand around for a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back