Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lord of snails

Reaction score
land mullets are in my opinion the most beautiful Australian skink, have been looking at them for a while in the past,from what I understand they like a large enclosure, basking temps of 30 degrees(? not too sure about this), a mostly vegetable diet, and decent humidity. I would be keeping my mullet indoors in a glass enclosure, but what size of enclosure would be best? are there any front opening glass enclosures in Australia large enough for them or will i just have to get a fish tank? anyone produce them and sell them? can anyone who keeps them give me more specific temps for them?

I can’t give too much husbandry advice... but what I can tell you, is you don’t want to get bit by one

We kept them outside in Sydney weather year round, with ornamental grass, leaf litter, plenty of hides and heated rock outcrops and a few very large 1m+ zoomed heat pads under the ground (as shown in pic)

Imagine a more feisty blue tongue that will happily take a bite at your hand if you don’t restrain it properly (this is from my experience with them in captivity) with immense body strength! They’ll shake you around while your holding them..

Thought I had more photos of our lil terror

Not that I've ever dealt with them personally. But I'm pretty sure I saw on a Documentary back in the day (Lizards of Oz I believe it was called). A Land Mullet bite a Dingo on the nose. Must be pretty bloody game buggers. Haha.

Awesome lizards. I'd build my own enclosure, and yes, I'd probably make it front-opening, unless I was in a climate where I could keep them outdoors. I'd definitely give a basking spot well above 30 degrees.

I can’t give too much husbandry advice... but what I can tell you, is you don’t want to get bit by one

We kept them outside in Sydney weather year round, with ornamental grass, leaf litter, plenty of hides and heated rock outcrops and a few very large 1m+ zoomed heat pads under the ground (as shown in pic)

Imagine a more feisty blue tongue that will happily take a bite at your hand if you don’t restrain it properly (this is from my experience with them in captivity) with immense body strength! They’ll shake you around while your holding them..

Thought I had more photos of our lil terror

beautiful mullet mate!!!, yeah..... I dont have any plans of getting bitten, getting a baby and seeing how I go with intensive training to try tame it down, if it doesn't work, eh thats fine. what diet do you have your mullets on?

beautiful mullet mate!!!, yeah..... I dont have any plans of getting bitten, getting a baby and seeing how I go with intensive training to try tame it down, if it doesn't work, eh thats fine. what diet do you have your mullets on?
We have a mix for all the lizards
A mixed handful of greens, tomato, sweet potato, very light sprinkle of boiled egg, squash etc

Give that 2-3x a week

Once a week offer a small handful of crickets (like 10) on a day they don’t get greens dusted with calcium powder

Latest posts

Back