Land Mullets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinjajoe

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here keep Land Mullets ?? I have recently acquired a pair...... & wondered if anyone on here had any experience with them that they wish to share ????

This girl is a nudge over 60cm in length & is extremely temperamental as most Mullets are.....

Please post any photos or any info that you may have.....

Attachments

• DSCF0663.jpg
    DSCF0663.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 359
She's gorgeous, would love a pair of these. Mind sharing how much they set you back jinja? Might have to squeeze some into my budget :p

they are all a very dark brown/black...

here is a snap of a wild pair off Google...

Attachments

• Land Mullets.jpg
    Land Mullets.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 269
nice joe,i keep them,well just one at the moment,would love to get some more,they can be pretty shy,especially compared to blueys,but once they get used to the hand that feeds them they will happily come for food,they dont like heat like alot of lizards,mine only bask when background temps get low,good luck with them,there pretty impressive animals

some of the nsw forms are alot lighter and keep nice spotting into adulthood

nice joe,i keep them,well just one at the moment,would love to get some more,they can be pretty shy,especially compared to blueys,but once they get used to the hand that feeds them they will happily come for food,they dont like heat like alot of lizards,mine only bask when background temps get low,good luck with them,there pretty impressive animals

some of the nsw forms are alot lighter and keep nice spotting into adulthood

In the interest of colony forming I'll take yours from you Richard !!!! lol

Not only are they shy but this pleasant lady would bite your finger clean off & beat you with it...... quite literally...

haha,mine only hiss if you handle them,yours sounds like how king skinks react,they dont bother with a hiss,just twist and bite aggressivly,and man can they bite

I know of some babies that are on the way..... I'll send you a PM

Land mullets are awesome Joe. I recently bought 3 juvies. They are right up there with King skinks and Blueys at the top of my favorite skink list. PS. Will give you a ring over the next day or 2. Cheers

Day old baby (one of 3) that was born this year.

P1010580.jpg

Here is on captured from the pit.

P1010668.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good faye,mine spend all the time hiding in the outside enclosure where they fair very well,one of the hardiest skinks that ive kept.

Well, the adults are outside. Had to catch the babes as soon as they appeared. They are not very street wise when first born lol
They have since been sold.

Do you find they settle down much if handled from that size Fay or are they always little firecrackers no matter how much handling they get?

I don't handle them at all snakey. They are the most timid of all our skinks/dragons that are in the pit.

We keep land mullets,barbata,long necks, eastern blueys and cunninghams.

Love the look of these guys...great, now something else to add to the 'want' list.

Fay, out of interest, how many animals & what is your pit size? I'm hoping to be in a position to build one soon myself.....

We keep land mullets,barbata,long necks, eastern blueys and cunninghams.

How many adult Mullets are there in your pit ?? & what is the male to female ratio if more than a pair ???

oh & thanks for adding constructively to the thread..... some pictures of the adults ??? if you can get them before they run off !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back