Land Mullets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kareeves

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HI I am thinking of getting a few land mullets just wondering if they have any other specal needs than other large skinks. What are they worth as adalts if you could get them. How do other keepers keep them.
Just trying to get some background info on them so please be nice guys.
Thanks

I paid $300 each for my 4. I think that is a fairly standard price. They are extremely skittish unlike blue tongues and other big skinks, and are not something that likes to be held at all. They are not difficult to care for though and are a very cool species. They love to dig and have lots of hides or burrows that they can enter as soon as they see you :p One of mine is getting confident and now stays out while I gawk at him.

Land mullets can be extremely aggressive to each other and even kill each other. If you want to keep a few you will need to get them as babies so that they are used to each other. Adding older ones together will not likely end well. If you end up with multiple males they will likely start to fight and then you will need to separate them permanently as that happens, before they shred each other.

here is a pic of 3 of mine...... I have had trouble with them fighting in the past but that was with 2 slightly different locales........ the 6 I have that are all from the same locale are remarkably friendly. I have them housed as 3 pairs in three separate enclosures....... all 3 males are in shed at the moment I'm betting that they will start mating post shed.

Attachments

• DSCF1235.jpg
    DSCF1235.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back