Lighting for Southern Angle Headed Dragons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky85

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have a question regarding SAHD and their ability to see coloured light. I have their enclosure set up and i wish to provide it with a little heat as my house drops below their prefered temperature range at night. I am going to use 40w blue incandescent globes (as I do for my pythons) however I am wondering if they would perceive blue light differently and be affected by the light being on at night?

Can anybody shed a little light on my situation (excuse the pun!)?

When I use to own them mate. I never put a heat source on at night. And some nights were really low. They should be fine with no heat source.

So I recomend that u don't use a heat source at night.

PlatniumReptiles

I wouldn't use a visible light source at night. If you are worried about temp issues I would use a Ceramic Heat Emitter.

Still keen on finding out SAHDs ability to see red or blue light. I finished my enclosure today (will post pics later on a separate thread) and found that it is warm enough for no heat over night as the weather is getting warmer. I would still like to know for when winter comes again.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back