Lizard eye diseases??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beknluke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So as most of you know by now, I have puchased a whole lot of sick beardies.
But about their eye probs - basically the eye is swollen, completely scabbed over, red and sore looking etc etc.
The vet diagnosed these as injuries and that none of them had infections that could spread to my other animals.
I am beginning to think that these eyes are NOT the result of injuries...
If they WERE, they would have most likely been bitten by another beardie and would have damage to their chins, cheek and top of head....
The prob is completely localised - ONLY the eye - and the redness appears to be extending outwards towards the cheek area, and to their eye brow area...
ALSO, one of the ones who has a stubborn one that keeps drying out (I am putting the prescribed oinments on them but she rubs it off) is now starting to get a bit of redness on the OTHER eye...
It's pretty safe to say that I am beginning to panic and I need someone who knows what the hell this is to tell me what to do!!
Like I said - vet thought they were injuries - I have a follow up appt this Sat morning and will talk to them further then...
In the mean time, has ANYONE seen or heard of anything like this before and can you point me in the right direction for more reading/info/vets who have dealt with it....
2 of the 6 that have these issues look as though they have no outer eyelids anymore and I think that that may be because when it dries out and gets all scabby, they hack at it with their claws :?:
Thanx guys
Bex

Sorry Bex wish I could help, im sure youve done this already but I would quarintine those affected. I agree that it doesnt sound like an injury but maybe it is and is getting irritated by them scratching or rubbing. im sure the Vet will be of help wish I was in melbourne I would come have a look and see if i could help :(

Thanx Ben
I am just concerned that the vet WON'T know...
I am finding a whole lot of interesting stuff on the net - none of it sounding 'positive' though...
I'll keep digging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back