Look what i found at work today when i opened up a box of bananas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellieF

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have done some searching on the net and he seems to be a Giant Tree Frog/White lipped tree frog....someone correct me if i am wrong on this though.

We went down to living jungle and $450 later he has a nice home.....

This is the second time i have found one in the banana boxes at work in the last few years but the last one we took to the melb zoo as we didnt have a licence to keep it then, but we do now as we got it to buy oska.

We havent picked a name yet as we dont know what sex he is....anyone know how we can tell this it would be great....

He is a bit skinny after his adventure but is still active and moving around the tank...wasnt interested in the crickets yet though.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 376
That's certainly a nicer home than a banana box! Careful of him burning himself on the heater, though.

Well I asked the guy where we bought it and he said we didn't need the cover over it...

You still dont have a license to keep it,unless in Vic there are different rules.

but it does need to be purchased from a licenced person kellie
touch base with DSE and explain the situation and see if they will put it on your wildlife licence

Will give them a ring in the morning.....I'm sure they would rather me rescue it than just let it die....

Will give them a ring in the morning.....I'm sure they would rather me rescue it than just let it die....

or release it indiscriminately into the wild !!!!!!! Just in case.....I mean imagine if it was silently carrying something and it got introduced into a new wild population....better with you as a pet I think !!

thats plenty of room for one frog

They don't jump all over the place and stuff??? Just wondered.. I have only kept small tree frogs over seas.. I remember seeing how big the whitelips where up north! HUGE!!!

plenty of room for now ....... lets face it she may not be able to keep it

When i found the last one in the banana box i rang the amphibian research centre at the csiro as they have a rescue number for banana box frogs and after nearly 40 calls and getting the answering machine every time i gave up and took him to the zoo.....they told us there that they have to stay here in melb once they arrive, as due to quarantine they cant be sent back to qld.

So will get onto the dse in the morn and find out what i have to do....

...and will get a cage for the heater....cant beleive the guy talked me out of buying it...normally they are talking you into buying a heap of crap you dont need to get more of your money....lol

Last edited:
nahh....we were always gonna get a frog.....will just get one from a breeder to put in there

Make sure you use *insert appropriate product here* to clean everything really well before putting another frog in there, just in case banana-man is sick... I'm sure you would know this already :p

Yep....will be pulling the whole thing apart and scrubbing it thats for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back