Looking to learn

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaylied

Reaction score
hello all
My name is Nicole. My aunt was out into a retirement home that does not allow pets to reside with their owners so I took on her three pythons. We just had to have one euthanised due to cancer which was hard on us all. Jax was a well loved pet and friend to many in both my aunts and my circle of friends and family.
We still have Minky/Micky (unsexed so name will change as soon as I have this done) who is a 3-4 yr old jag. Bitey is only 18 months old and im not sure what breed he is but was told he was a jag too.
This is our first time owning reptile in my life unless you include the monitors we’d find in our backyard in Alice Springs as a kid.
first photo is Minky/Micky second is Bitey

Attachments

• AB7F9C46-F644-4DBA-83B9-CC816BE326E1.jpeg
    AB7F9C46-F644-4DBA-83B9-CC816BE326E1.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 40
  • C7A30A17-9E42-454E-9A8F-6C53BA9CD20F.jpeg
    C7A30A17-9E42-454E-9A8F-6C53BA9CD20F.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 37
Welcome, Nicole, and enjoy the form. Sorry to hear about Jax, and thanks for sharing photos of your two other beautiful snakes. It's great that you were able to take them, have you been into snakes also?:)

so up until about a year or two ago I hated snakes. Feared them. Then my aunt had this little albino Darwin she showed me and my thought as she put him into my hands was “I could crush this snakes head between two fingers, why the heck am I scared of them at all”. That was when my Love affair with snakes started. Unfortunately Ajax (the albino) contracted the nidovirus as well as a respiratory disease that could be passed onto humans and the vet recommended euthanasia. How ever I’d handle all my Aunts snakes and got comfortable around them and her daughters although I’d leave the bhp alone (a little too big for my liking).

I am happy to announce I got my own little hatchie though. Hubby allowed me to get a snake and I purchased a beautiful caramel hypo jag het axanthic female carpet on Monday. She took food from me yesterday so I’m over the moon with happiness. And I'm looking forward to growing with her abs my own husbandry with the reptiles I have.

Attachments

• 2E89B07E-C982-4113-BFE0-2AC80F8933DA.jpeg
    2E89B07E-C982-4113-BFE0-2AC80F8933DA.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 31
Fantastic. Congrats on your new snake and thanks for showing a nice pic. Enjoy and keep us posted?

Latest posts

Back